Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinkley

I got the news late last night that the president of my church, Gordan B. Hinkley, passed away last night. My immediate feeling was relief and happiness for this man who was 97 and lost his wife several years ago. President Hinkley became the Prophet just months after I joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and is the only president of the church that I have ever been familiar with. I will miss him. At the same time, I now look forward to welcoming the new prophet and learning from him.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I felt the same way. He was so sad when Marjorie died, and mentioned her all the time. I knew he thought he was getting a bad deal! I am happy for him... he wanted to be with her...

Sharona said...

Anne! Did I mention... I LOVE your blog. :) And BTW, I tagged you from my blog.