Sunday, February 17, 2008

Homeschool Freaks!


Jon and I find this term endearing. Much like we, as Mormons, are a peculiar people, we as homeschoolers are homeschool freaks. Why would we bother homeschooling if not to be just a little bit different. That's the whole point. Sometimes the fact that we, and are children, are a just a little different is very clear...and funny.
Jacob went to a birthday party yesterday with several other 8/9 year old boys, all schooled outside the home. They played a game that goes something like this.
"I'm Joe, and when I go camping I bring a tent."
"Joe brings a tent, I'm Ryan and I bring a flashlight."
Etc...
So the boys are going along, all bringing normal 8/9 year old boy things (which include ridculous and gross thing, of course)...until they get to Jacob. He went through all the things the other boys were bring like a champ and then added his own item. Bee larve. BEE LARVE!!! Does that just SCREAM homeschool freak?!?!?
Ahhh. It's good to be different.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I love that you are homeschool freaks! I still remember back when we were at the Y and everyone thought I was so weird for wanting to homeschool my future kids.

PS you have the most beautiful children!

Lindsey said...

Um, yeah, that is a little weird. But I still love you! :)