Friday, May 2, 2008

A tribute to Jack...


Today is Jackson's 7th birthday, so I thought I'd tell you a little about him. But first, who among you wouldn't want the gene pool that contains those eyes to marry your daughter?!?! Man he's good looking! And we can assume that by the time he reaches an acceptable age for marriage the front tooth will have grown in. I digress.

Jackson is probably my most thoughtful child. He often asks me how my day is going, listens to my answer, and responds appropriately. OK, how many of you married women are still hoping for such behavior from your husbands??

Jackson LOVES babies. He is the one I can count on to take care of Katie when I need help. He plays, coos, carries her around, and just works hard to make her happy.

Jackson is a physical being. He is a natural athlete. He loves and excels at any sport he tries. As an example, he is the only kid I know who was riding a two wheeler at age 3! He is physical about learning...anything with a project is right up his ally. What is really amazing is his ability to start a project and stick to it until it is finished. While all the other kids have long since moved on, Jackson continues to plug away until he is done. His physical nature is also serving him well in learning to play the piano. He seems to have a natural talent and doesn't need to work quite as hard as others.

Jackson is a spiritual being. From a young age Jackson has grasped gospel principles. He occasionally chooses to read scriptures in his free time. What strikes me the most, however, is the very sweet and sincere way in which he prays. He is so very thoughtful...both in being thankful and in his requests.

So as not to be misleading, trust me, Jack is still a 6 (no 7!) year old boy. He is loud, obnoxious, picks on his siblings, etc. Let's face it, he wouldn't be quite as much fun without that "all boy" part of him.

I am just so very lucky that he's mine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

By gosh, just like his favorite uncle..except the piano part....

Lindsey said...

He is a total cutie..

Sharona said...

He sounds dreamy. I had to remind myself I was reading about my 7 yr old nephew! Cute kid. Happy Birthday Jack! Ya know, it makes it a lot easier to brag about my siblings progeny when they're so good looking.