Wednesday, July 30, 2008

High points & low points...

I thought I'd share with you some of my thoughts on my recent medical issues. We'll start with the low points so we can end on a happy note...

1. I'm sure you are all wondering. They did take at least a portion of both tubes, so no more babies for us. I feel fine about this for now, but I'm sure I'll have days when I cry buckets!
2. They had to do open surgery, and just couldn't follow my c-section scar. So now I have a lovely plus sign on my belly...totally Frankenstein!
3. Recovery sucks! Can't wait to be able to hold kids again, and exercise.

High points...
1. I was already in the hospital. I mean really, I had morphine immediately.
2. When the doctors were giving me the initial once over they asked if I exercise. I told them that I run a couple of miles a day. They responded that that explained why my resting heart rate was nice and low...QUANTIFIABLE RESULTS people!!!! My working out is paying off!!!
3. I had Jacob when I was 24 and have been incontinent ever since. Yes, I just confessed that to everyone. But not much longer, now I can get my bladder fixed!!! You have no idea how much this perked me up right before surgery when Jon mentioned it.
4. I have the best friends in the world and have been incredibly well taken care of.
5. No more crazy "feel good - get pregnant - feel good - have baby - feel good - get pregnant - etc." cycles for my emotions and ability to cope with life. ( I assume that all of you mothers out there know what I'm talking about.)

As you can see, there are many more positives that have come from this experience than negatives. All in all, we are all doing great.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm glad to see so many good things came out of this! It's great the way life always seems to work out.

LauriJo said...

The Lord truly does bless His Children. Oh, and congratulations on being able to fix your incontinent problem, what a blessing long over due:)

Tawnya said...

Oh Anne, I am so glad that you are okay. You are so great, leaky bladder and all! I hope you have a speedy recovery and are ready to run the Grey Ghost 5K in October!!!

Lindsey said...

Awww, I am sorry Anne. I hope that you are doing well and I am glad that you are being well taken care of. I am so glad that we have been able to stay in touch. I love hearing about your life! Much love to you!

Fran said...

Dear Anne, You are a wonder woman! I'm so glad to hear you are doing well, and will be running again very soon! What a blessing to be just where you needed to be at the time this all happened. Did you always know you had perfect timing?! You are loved by many, so let us help out in any way. I hope you will find a comfortable chair, with a tall glass of lemonade and have fun reading the new book on Saturday!

Tammy said...

I miss you Anne. It is a special talent to see the good, even in difficult times. I wish I could be there to give you a hug and offer to do your dishes or something.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are such an optimist. I felt the same way about the no more babies when our doctor told us...I was glad but then times I am very sad also. It is an emotional rollercoaster! I know that if we are meant to have another someday something will work out by means of adoption. I am so glad you are ok and that you were in the hospital at the time...I could not have imagined the other things that could have happened if you weren't. You are truly an eternal friend and am glad to have such nice people to know and love. We are so glad that everything went fine. KD:)
Plus I am jealous you got your bladder got fixed!! Can't that just be routine for all mothers??