Monday, July 28, 2008

Tender Mercies...

I really don't know how to start, so I'll just jump right in. On Thursday I was in the right place at the right time, and I experienced the tender mercy of the Lord because of it.

My friend Cathie and I were visiting another friend in the hospital. As we were leaving I felt some abdominal pain, and as soon as I said this to Cathie, I started to black out. In a matter of minutes I went from being perfectly fine to blacking out in an elevator, extreme pain, 60/40 blood pressure and sweating like crazy. Cathie rushed me to the ER (just down the hall) where I was given immediate and excellent care.

Through the course of my stay, the doctors figured out that I had an ectopic pregnancy. Remember that miscarriage I thought I had a couple of weeks ago? Guess not. The baby was growing in my left fallopian tube, and it ruptured while I was leaving the hospital. As it turns out, the doctors consider this life threatening due to the risk of bleeding out. To make a long story short, they operated and got got everything fixed up by that evening. I came home Friday evening and am recovering nicely.

I have no doubt that I was on the Lord's errand when we visited our friend and that I was blessed because of it. I hate to imagine what could have happened if I'd been home with the kids, or driving somewhere. I am grateful to know that the Lord is mindful of me.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness! Well, at least you still have one ovary!!! WOW! How traumatic for you. It is nice to know how specifically the lord watches out for us though.. huh..

Nicole said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything worked out and that you were able to get taken care of. Hope you recover quickly.

Jenni said...

Wow Anne, how scary. Aren't you glad for the way things work out sometimes? Hope you are feeling alright.

Anne said...

They were actually able to leave both of my ovaries. This was probably my biggest concern, as I really didn't want hormone problems at 33!!!

Tammy said...

I am so glad that you are OK. What a blessing that you were in the exact right place at the right time.