Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Secret Dreams

In preparation for the show, I've been listening to the music for Wicked constantly. Well, listening is only part of it. What I really like to do is put on my iPod and go hang out in the garden where I sing at the top of my lungs. (We have 3 acres, but it occurred to me this morning that my neighbors can probably still hear me!) So, there you go, not a secret anymore... I still dream of being on the stage! Don't most people grow out of the actress dream much earlier in life?!?! I think it is that there is almost no music quite as fun to sing as show tunes. Well, for now I suppose I will continue to live vicariously through attending the theater. Thankfully Jon enjoys that as much as I do!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

You will love Wicked, it's fabulous--and I totally agree with you, there's nothing better than showtunes.

Jenni said...

Anne, you are too funny!
Isn't there a saying that goes 'Dance as though no one is watching you,
Love as though you have never been hurt before,
Sing as though no one can hear you,
Live as though heaven is on earth.'?!
You go, girl!

Fran said...

I have heard music while tending my garden, but I didn't know it was you! Keep up the singing - you will always be ready for your curtain call whenever it comes!

Anonymous said...

I agree, I have the same dream. And I wish you were MY neighbor, I could listen to your beautiful voice all day!!!

Tammy said...

I took Spencer to see Wicked and it totally converted him to musicals, although his favorite is now Spamalot.