Thursday, July 10, 2008

Life

I really have a great life...charmed you might say. It wasn't always that way, and it probably won't always be that way. But, for now, I can't imagine life being any better. So, when I figured out a potentially sad thing yesterday, I was fine, and still am. For the first time in 6 pregnancies (yes, six) I had a miscarriage. I was only 6 weeks along, so there really was no attachment yet. I also don't have a problem with natural physical processes or things like death.
It's funny, I always thought that I would be fine with a miscarriage, but knew that I couldn't know for sure unless it happened. Now I know, I really am fine. Let's face it, six pregnancies...it should have happened long ago. The odds were not in my favor.
So, life is still great. We are still happy. No worries.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awww.. we would have been due about the same time! :) I haven't announced it yet, (I will in about 2 weeks) But I am about 10 weeks! You are crazy.. 6 pregnancies... I am LUCKY to be at 4 REALLY lucky... I guess you got married a little younger than me too, but, I told Peter when we got married that I WOULD NOT make ANY babies past 35. I am 35, and I will still be when I give birth... :)

Angie said...

I'm proud of you for being so strong....although it's absolutely your right to fall apart if you want!:) These situations aren't fun no matter what the circumstances, but like you said maybe there's twins waiting on the horizon!:) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry to hear about your miscarriage. As a person who has lost 5 pregnancies I know how hard it can be. Good luck getting pregnant again (if that is what you choose to do).

Tammy said...

I think any time that a pregnancy happens, goes full term and a baby is born, it is pretty much a miracle.

Every time I go to the doctor, I can't feel comfortable until I've heard the baby's heartbeat.

I'm sorry about your news, but I'm glad that you are ok.

Sharona said...

I'm sad aboutyour news too. But also glad you're ok. You are one of the most hearty, emotionally stable people I know. Crazy as all get out sometimes, but stable. And crazy in mostly very fun and entertaining ways:)